Preparing your home for the winter means more than just decorating for the holidays, especially if you’re in an area where the temperatures drop below freezing. Now is the time of year for sprinkler service for winter in Fort Lauderdale, FL to ensure that your sprinkler system works as it should, and your lawn continues to look great. Keep reading to learn all there is to know about sprinkler maintenance:
- Insulate sprinkler heads: Your system’s sprinkler heads are undoubtedly the most at-risk aspect of your system, as they’re above ground and are exposed to the elements. Anyone who lives in an area prone to freezing needs to insulate their sprinkler heads throughout the winter to ensure they don’t freeze and crack.
- Protect valves: Like the sprinkler heads, the valves need to be protected during the winter. They should be covered up with insulation tape if they’re not in use. Just be careful when you’re covering them, because you don’t want to block the air vents.
- Blow out excess water: Any water left over in the pipes runs the risk of freezing. That’s obviously not ideal, as it could lead to a burst pipe during the winter. A professional can drain and blow out the rest of the water to ensure that this doesn’t happen.
Year-round professional sprinkler maintenance
Your sprinkler doesn’t just need sprinkler service for winter in Fort Lauderdale, FL—it requires year-round professional maintenance to ensure it works to the best of its ability. Here’s what our pros can do for you and your sprinkler system:
- Performance checkups: If you’re noticing some brown spots on your lawn or any flowers that don’t seem to get enough water, be sure to call a professional as soon as possible. A pro will check your entire system to find out why some areas of your lawn aren’t being adequately watered.
- Leak inspections: Any time you have hundreds of gallons of water running through underground pipes, there’s a risk for a leak. You may not know what a leaking sprinkler system looks like, but we do! We’ll check to ensure there aren’t any leaks, and that your system is good to go.
- Cleaning: Your sprinkler system gets quite dirty throughout the year. Dirt and grime accumulate under and around the sprinkler heads, leading to problems with water delivery. A trained technician can clean out all of that junk to ensure proper performance.
- Head adjustments: Sprinkler heads can get knocked around by lawnmowers and other lawn equipment. That’s not good, as it can lead to underwatering or overwatering certain parts of your lawn. We’ll take a look at all of your sprinkler heads and adjust them to ensure your whole yard is getting the water it needs.
Whether you need sprinkler service for winter in Fort Lauderdale, FL or a repair job in the middle of July, our team at Spillers Sprinklers Inc. can handle it for you. Our competitive prices and wide range of services make us the number one sprinkler team in town. Give us a call today for a free estimate!