Being able to spend quality time with friends and family outside is one of the best reasons to have a beautiful backyard and patio area—that is, of course, unless your yard is infested with mosquitos and other biting pests. Luckily, there are several really easy things you can do to keep mosquitos out of your yard so that you can enjoy the great outdoors in peace:
- Install a repellent system: The best way to keep mosquitoes from bothering you when you’re outside is to install a mosquito repellent system in Fort Lauderdale, FL. A sprinkler and irrigation system using Mosquito Magician sprays your lawn with repellent, effectively keeping adult mosquitoes off your property, preventing annoying bites and keeping those adults from laying eggs on your lawn.
- Remove stagnant water: Standing water is a mosquito’s favorite place to breed and lay eggs—they can lay eggs in something as small as a bottle cap! Take a few moments to walk around and empty all of the standing water on your property. You should notice a significant drop-off in the number of mosquitoes flying around if you perform this simple task.
- Cut your grass: Mosquitoes thrive in yards with high grass, as they’re able to take a break from flying around and stay away from predators. Make sure to keep your grass short and ensure those pests don’t have anywhere to hide!
- Call an exterminator: Sometimes, you just have to bring in the pros to deal with your mosquito problem. A professional exterminator can determine where exactly all of those mosquitoes are coming from, and spray the area with a formula that’ll kill as many as possible. This treatment should also repel any mosquitoes that it doesn’t kill outright.
- Use natural repellents: You’ve probably heard of citronella candles that deter mosquitoes from ruining your outdoor meals. These candles don’t just help set the mood—they actually do work to repel mosquitoes. Pick up a few citronella candles before your next barbecue. We guarantee they’ll make for a more pleasant experience.
- Use bug spray: Citronella alone probably won’t do the trick to keep you from getting eaten alive by mosquitoes. Apply bug spray frequently (preferably one with DEET) to keep mosquitoes and other pests from bothering you when you’re in the great outdoors.
- Dress appropriately: Mosquitoes are attracted to dark colors, so experts recommend dressing in light-colored clothing that covers your arms and legs. In addition to dressing for success, be sure to wear shoes when you’re outside. Many mosquitoes are attracted to your feet and ankles, so it’s always a good idea to wear closed-toed shoes and maybe even high socks.
If you’ve tried everything above and your yard is still filled with mosquitoes or other pests, hire Spillers Sprinklers Inc. to install a mosquito repellent system in Fort Lauderdale, FL. As mentioned above, Mosquito Magician is the most effective way to keep pests off your property. Call us today to get a quote for installation and learn all the benefits of the system!
Categorized in: Mosquito Control
This post was written by Writer